Building Permits

Hallsville Building Permit          Boone County Building Permit

Ameren Wiring Approval Form

Process for getting a building permit:
1) Fill out Application for Hallsville and Boone County Building Permit
2) Fill out Ameren Wiring Approval Form if your have Ameren Electric and will be doing any electric work (contact Ameren for Ameren Premise Number)
3) Come in to City Hall with paperwork (or you can pick up forms at City Hall)
4) Pay City and County building permit fees
5) Have setbacks inspected, if needed
6) Receive permit numbers

Please contact City Hall with any questions.

When do I need a building permit?

A permit is required for any construction that physically changes or adds structures to your property or for work regulated by codes or resolutions, such as:

New Building Examples include but are not limited to: dwellings, garages, car ports, detached storage sheds, pole barns, or commercial buildings.

Additions Examples include but are not limited to: buildings, porches, and decks.

((If the deck or porch is bigger than 160 square feet – attached to the house – or off the ground more than 30 inches then they DO need a building permit.  If the deck or porch is smaller than 160 square feet, not attached to the house and is not off the ground more than 30 inches than they DO NOT need a building permit.))

Alterations/Remodeling Any construction involving structure, electrical, plumbing, insulation, roofing, gas line installation or upgrade.

The County does not require a demolition permit, however the City does.